The Connection every woman should know about
” Listen to your gut ,” is something we have heard a time or two. Intuitively, we probably know what that means. But during our Ladies Night at LSF on Friday the 13th, we went DEEPER. We discussed what happens physically to our brain, stomach, and overall body when we:
- Choose positive thoughts vs negative ones with our mind,
- Speak words of life and encouragement vs words of death and hopelessness,
- Eat real whole foods vs foods that are processed, genetically modified, mass-produced, and
- Exercise to build lean muscle vs a lifestyle that does not incorporate exercies at all.
We reminded ourselves how truly POWERFUL we are and how to tap into that power, not giving our authority away!
We are wonderfully and uniquely made with a support system at LSF that is one-of-a-kind!
This month we have decided to take back our power and authority and move forward NO MATTER what…. even if Spring still has not sprung yet in Ohio! 😉
Did you know that your brain and body love exercise? Per neuroscientist, Dr. Caroline Leaf:
- Exercise potentially improves all areas of cognitive function, including thinking, learning, and memory, especailly with age,
- Exercise changes our DNA for the better – the epigenetic pattern of genes that affect fat storage in the body actually changes with exercise-the more we move, the better our bodies get at using and storing fat!
- Studies have shown that when we exercise our body almost immediately experiences genetic activation that increases the production of fat-busting proteins,
- According to research, 75-98% of mental and physical illnesses come from our thought lives……Crazy right?!
There is HOPE with all of this!! We reviewed and discussed:
- How to renew our minds,
- How to take our thoughts captive and choose to think through vs react,
- Tips when food shopping,
- Finding our portion sizes to create individualized menus, and the
- Importance of reinforcing our positive feedback loop, i.e- exercising at LSF, eating whole foods with proper portion control, drinking water, getting adequate rest and choosing to surround ourselves in a positive environment.
If you missed our Ladies Night, let us know how we can help and stay tuned for the next one!
We are going to finish April STRONG and gear up for our May and our Summer Events! If you have never worked out with us before at Ladies Super Fitness we would love to meet you and get to know you! Schedule your complimentary workout with us today.